The presence of fish in the pond is acceptable and desirable to the owners, but is not required, and determining the purity of water. In addition, any interior design or landscape can give a boost to due to the reservoir. For living in the pond need a more hardy breed of fish than the aquarium. There are breeds that are most suitable for pond. At their selection it is necessary to consider following features:
– number of fish determined by the size of your pond the following calculation: for every 0.5 sqm of the pond not more than 2.5 cm of body length of fish. It is recommended to buy fish no longer than 10cm.
– fish are able to produce their own food in the pond, so they must not be overfeed. Feed them in spring and summer. You can safely take a break in feeding to the time of departure on vacation. For feeding one should use food floating on the surface, it remains necessary to remove from the water.
– the main causes of death of fishes are the pond overpopulation, disease, and insects such as larvae of dragonflies, water beetles, grabiak. Continue reading
In honor of the coming of the pores of the holidays we offer to your attention a selection of interesting facts about the Black sea.
The first mention of the Black sea are found in documents relating to the V century BC. It is on the Black sea, Jason and the Argonauts went to Colchis for the Golden fleece.
1. The ancient Greek name of the sea — Pont Aksinsky (gr. Ἄξενος Πόντος), meaning “Inhospitable sea”. It is assumed that the sea was named so because of difficulties with navigation. Later, after a successful exploration of the coast by Greek colonists, the sea became known as the Pontus Euxinus (gr. Εὔξενος Πόντος, “Hospitable sea”). Romanian Black sea Marea Neagră is called.
2. A characteristic feature of the Black sea is complete (except some bacteria) absence of life at depths greater than 150-200 m. the fact that the deep layers of the Black sea is saturated with hydrogen sulphide.
3. In the scheme of currents of the Black sea there are two huge closed cycle with a wavelength of 350-400 km In honor of oceanographer Nikolai Knipovich, who first described this scheme, it was called the “Glasses of the Knipovich” Continue reading
Aquarium gold fish is a small miracle, caressing eyes. Aquarium goldfish soothe the nerves, to watch them is a pleasure. But watch for goldfish should be regularly and for the purpose of any change in their appearance which may indicate illness. Healthy goldfish, especially the young, show great interest in what is happening around, learn his breadwinner, eat well. If a goldfish is swimming at the bottom and not eating, then something with health at it not okay.
The physical signs of the disease gold fish aquarium: Fuzzy coating Small white spots on the body Bloated body Red gills
Rapid breathing Rotting fins or tail Increase eye Wounds, hemorrhages on the body
The sooner you are seen the signs of illness aquarium fish, the more chances to cure it.
Some goldfish diseases are very contagious, and can affect the other aquarium inhabitants. By capturing the disease early, a goldfish can be saved by applying antibacterial or antifungal drugs, but before moving it to another aquarium. Continue reading